Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Inspired by Court

Speaking of Court, I got reassigned to Jury Duty again and it falls on the Monday after the LSAT! You think I would gasp in horror as everyone I talk to HATES it and will find any way to get out of it. Well, not me. I have never had jury duty (if you don't count last week when I totally forgot) and have always, always wanted to be summoned. The court room actually gives me chills (in a good way-not the it creeps me out I've got to get out of here before they take me to jail kind of way), which may or may not be my motivation for aspiring to be an attorney. So anyways, as luck would have it about a month ago I got a summons in the mail requesting/demanding my presence on August 31 at 10:00 a.m. and I literally jumped for joy. Well the month of August was pretty busy with me studying for the LSAT and planning my mom's 50th birthday that I forgot a whole lotta important things. Number one, I forgot to call in payroll. Now, you have to be totally out of your mind busy to forget to make sure you get paid on pay day. Number 2...well this is how August 31 went.....It began just like any other day. I got to work around 8:45ish, did the usual=checked my personal email, perez hilton, all the blogs on my dashboard, x17online, britneyspears.com and last but not least, Facebook. Then I did some real work, like calling in payroll and telling them that I was picking up the checks ASAP. Then I repeated the usual-this repeat of the usual happens several times throughout the day and it's becoming a problem. Not for me, for my boss. Then I did some real work again. By that time it was lunch time so my boss and I hop in the car and head to pick up payroll. We decided to stop at an awesome deli for lunch. While I am in mid-chew of the best sweet potato fries I have ever had, I get a call from an unfamiliar number. I still have no idea. I answer the phone 'hello' with that tone of voice that you use when you don't know who it is that sounds like it says 'why are you calling me?' all the while saying hello. Ms. So and So says: Brandy, this is Ms. So and So from the court house and something about jury duty but it's so loud in the restaurant that I can't quite understand her. I still have no idea. I am thinking that she is calling to REMIND me of jury duty. Instead she tells me that I have in fact MISSED jury duty as it was TODAY and TWO hours ago! She also told me that she thought saying where she was calling from would have jogged my memory. But nope sure didn't. She was nice and said things happen. I was so mad at myself that I missed my one opportunity. Little did I know the JUDGE called my other boss and complained that I missed and that he didn't expect that from someone in the 'legal community.' Clearly I didn't do it on purpose. My boss explained that it was by total accident and that I have been crazy busy studying for the LSAT. The judge understood but said that I would be put back in the pool. And as luck would have it, I got another summons yesterday. Lets just say I am most definitely not going to miss it this time. :)

Apparently I got distracted by my title and it ended up being almost my entire post. I was checking out Clever Girl Goes Blog yesterday and came across Tangles Out and I am hooked and inspired. Inspired to be myself. Thanks for making me laugh out loud at 3 a.m. and keeping me amused while experiencing insomnia. With all that has been going on how can I not be tired?

1 comment:

Court said...

You are awesome. Thank you so much for your comment and mention on your blog. Hope to hear more from you!

Thanks for reading I truly appreciate it ;)